Wednesday, September 17

My Ideal Classroom

My ideal classroom wouldn't be a classroom at all. It would be a great big gymnasium with many, many different types of equipment and facilites. I'm going to be a health and physical education teacher and I'm hoping to teach high school students in a small rural town preferably comparable to my high school growing up. For my phys. ed. class I'd hope to have 40-50 students at max if I had use of the entire gym/outdoor facilities. I would create a work out/nutrition plan for my students and put it online somewhere like webquest so that they could access it from home and follow along. I would also include lesson plans, helpful hints, and a blogspot so that they could chat with eachother and discuss how things are going. My class will always be active and involved in fun and physical activites. Every week will be a new topic and everyother day would be a lifting day or plyos day. I think that my classroom will be a very great learning environment that is very encouraging toward all students no matter how physically fit or how involved they think they are. By the end of my class, all students will love "gym class." :) Happy Health.

No comments: